Friday 20 November 2015

Project Proposals

For our studio project we were asked to produce 3 proposals for a final piece that our sketchbook research will lead up to , these final productions could be anything that linked into the sense of place brief , Below are my 3 ideas;

Proposal 1 - To produce an Info-graphical Map of my chosen city and document key places that relate to the music scene and industry related with that area. I will look into specific bands and base my themes around the chosen subjects i researched. I plan to present the finished piece as a large A2 poster that will work as both an informational piece of work and aesthetic piece of work. The style i plan on using for my production will be a simplistic vector style that i will use to illustrate the buildings within the city that doesn’t make the map too complex or detailed to an audience.

Proposal 2 - An animation that gives you a virtual tour of the music scene of my chosen city. The animation will take the audience through key places that are iconic to the Bands i choose to research. The animation will contain promotional samples of songs so i can provide an audio track of the the bands without having to obtain a license to play the songs on the animation. i plan for the design aspect of the animation to be simplistic illustrations of everything i chose to include within the time-line. this could be from album covers , to portraits of band members or key locations and objects used.

Proposal 3 - Design a campaign to re-introduce and re-brand old music back to the city where it originated from. This will involve creating posters and other propaganda related to the bands that i have chose to research. 

I feel that proposal 1 is the strongest as my research focuses specifically on similar material to the final idea , i also feel that it will be able to show my full potential as themes such as animation are not my strong point.