Wednesday 15 March 2017

After effects 6 - Showreel 2016-2017

Showreel

This workshop focused on us creating a showreel that would show a client quick snippets of all of our pieces of work , this could be adapted to your personal animation skills or in my case just used for my process and production work over the second year in my degree. For inspiration we looked at various showreels from different studios. Before beginning my own show reel i discovered David Luepschen's display of work. This show reel stood out to me because of its smooth transitions and timing with the music , something of which i hope to attempt in mine. 



I felt that i partially struggled when creating my showreel as i didn't feel that some of my designs were strong enough to put in the compilation. This is because the productions were created in such a short space of time giving less space to add detail to some of my outputs. Especially compared to some of my personal work which i feel shows my true animation abilities such as my character rigging experiments.


My showreel consisted of a hand drawn typeface to display important information , i chose bright colours to give off a positive feel to the audience. I used basic transitions as i struggled to find more complicated ways of transitioning into other scenes and slides.