Thursday 21 April 2016

Drawing 6 - Final alphabet

In this session we had to finalise one of our typefaces. i chose my 'Muddy' styled typefaces to be finalised , this involved drawing it up on a bigger scale , making sure all the letters were the same dimensions to retain the style. i felt that this font was detailed enough to take forward as my final design as there was a lot of potential for the font to be adapted. My past designs all inspired this typeface , using a variation of sketches allowed me to have a large amount of choice when picking a final idea.




Once i had finalised my design i proceeded to adapt it to a phrase. this proved to be more difficult as i had to recreate the typeface with no guidance. However overall i feel that each letter worked well together and provided flow through the words. non of the letters looked wrong and out of place therefore creating a successful type style. 


The typography workshops have helped me massively and allowed me to start looking into designing my own type , although early stages of this skill i feel that there is lots of potential , and eventually , with time i will be able to create my own typefaces for future projects.